Search This Blog

Saturday, October 2, 2010

A day late and a dollar short

Hey, remember back in August I posted this about the goals I had for September? Have you been wondering if I completed them?

Well, I wanted to be able to put this



Mission Accomplished


at the top of my post BUT.. I did not accomplish my mission completely.

Remember my mission was to finish 2 projects I had started... A set of bean bags that I am making for Eden and a set of building blocks for a sight word activity for Eli.

I am happy to report that the blocks are complete!!!  They have even been played with.  However the bean bags are another story... the stitching is complete but they are sitting waiting to be filled and stitched shut.  They will be finished by the end of the next week... I promise ;)

My mission for October is to stay on track with a new Bible Reading plan I started.  I found this great online tool called YouVersion which is an online bible and has over 20 bible reading plans to choose from.  You can track your progress on line, read different versions, keep a journal/ record thoughts about what you are reading.  There is also a mobile version. 

Having little kids and lack of sleep has taken a toll on my Bible study time... I have been wanting to be more intentional about my Bible reading... lately its been reading a Psalm hurriedly before the day starts if that at all.  My goal this month is to get into God's word using this new plan and see what treasures He has for me each day.

And yes Joe, feel free to kick me out of bed each morning to get on with it!  Having said that I better go get some z's.

3 comments:

  1. I planned to have devotion time myself for September. It didn't go as well as I wanted but it was a good start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it great when our husbands are on board with holding up accountable too! Sometimes I wish that I didn't asked my husband to help, but in the end, I am glad that he is willing to "push" me! :-)

    Good job getting those blocks done. FYI, my bean bags are still waiting to be sewn closed!

    Thanks for joining in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog about 30 minutes ago and I'm already in love and inspired. I'm a stay-at-home(school) mom of a 4 year old girl, with a 10 month old girl as well. I started a blog myself a few weeks ago, thinking that I was entering into unmarked territory (being an African American, stay-at-home, homeschooling mom), but I'm so glad there are others out there. Maybe my Google search wasn't straight-forward enough... Anyways, I look forward to being a part of the community here, and again, thank you for the ideas and inspiration you provide!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say! Let me know you popped by and if you have any questions I will try to answer them.