Search This Blog

Monday, August 10, 2009

Where has the summer gone?!

I am averaging 2 posts a month on this blog... I really thought I would have more time to maintain it but it has been a busy summer! July came and went in a flash, with VBS for 2 weeks, Kai Kai at Aqua camp for one week and some family time in between there. The kids are having a great summer. We have been in the pool almost every afternoon... their swimming and comfort level in the water has improved drastically from the beginning of the summer. I decided that August would be a chill out month.. nothing planned, a loose schedule. I still try and structure the day somewhat, more for me and my sanity than anything else.

Our curricula is slowly arriving..we had our first 2 boxes from Sonlight.. I wanted to start reading all the books with the kids immediately...but I showed restraint. The are now labled and place back in the box.. out of sight/ out of mind for now! The next shipment will be CBD and I am really excited to get that. That will be all of the Horizons stuff... LiLi's preschool program & Kai Kia's math and language books. Once they arrive I will start putting together a daily schedule but we probably wont start until the middle of September.. I want to enjoy every last drop of summer!!

Other than the kids and homeschool prep, I am busy preparing for our church's relocation of the Sunday service.. we currently, due to space restraints have 3 services on a Sunday but on September 6th we will be moving to a new location and have one joint service... for me that means relocating the church nursery. At first the task seemed overwhelming (and still does when I start trying to do it in my own strength) but God continues to lead and guide me... I came across these verses this morning:

2 Chr 16:7-9
7 At that time Hanani the seer came to Asa king of Judah and said to him: "Because you relied on the king of Aram and not on the LORD your God, the army of the king of Aram has escaped from your hand. 8 Were not the Cushites and Libyans a mighty army with great numbers of chariots and horsemen ? Yet when you relied on the LORD, he delivered them into your hand. 9 For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him. You have done a foolish thing, and from now on you will be at war."


Who am I relying on? If I am not relying on God then he cannot help me. Am I fully committed to God? My prayer is that I will continue to rely on the LORD and thus avoid foolish decisions. I pray that my commitment to Him will be evident in all that I do, so that He recieves the honour and glory due Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say! Let me know you popped by and if you have any questions I will try to answer them.