Search This Blog

Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Spoon Family



I have been wanting to participate in Kiddos Create... a challenge hosted each week by Mama Jenn on her awesome blog. The challenge is to "create something by, for, or with your kiddos using everyday items from around your home!! " I had picked up a set of wooden spoons at the grocery store a few weeks ago and was waiting to do something with them... something crafty that is! The kids were having a friend over for a play date this week so I thought it was the perfect time to use them. I got out the felt, googly eyes, pompoms, pipe cleaners, markers and glue gun and we got to work! I decided to use the glue gun so that we didn't have to wait for anything to dry but that limited how much the kids could do on their own but they had lots of fun picking out the items they wanted to use and then telling me exactly where they wanted them to go.


The end result was a happy family of spoons:


The kids then had fun putting on a little show and running around the house with their new puppets...


This is definitely one we will do again sometime... hey we could have a whole community of spoons! LOL!


4 comments:

  1. Great job, Rusheika!! You are so creative! Love to get together with you and the kids... give me shout. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was fun. Can you please send me copies of the pics to my inbox - thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you pick up an extra child? I love reading about your adventures in homeschooling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute are these!!! This is such a great idea! I am sure my kiddos would love making a spoon family! Hey, I just saw that you are expecting!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say! Let me know you popped by and if you have any questions I will try to answer them.