Search This Blog

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Series Intro: How Do You Do it?





"So how do you do it?"

"I don't know how you do it!"

I hear those words so often as a mom of four little ones.   I know those words are well intentioned and honest but what exactly is the "it" they are referring to?   I often think "Can't they see how frazzled I am?!"  So many times I don't feel like I am doing "it" well. Oftentimes I feel like I am operating at or just above survival mode.  I tend to dwell more on my weaknesses than strengths.  I minimize the things I do well and magnify my failures.  Do you do that?  God has been speaking to me about changing my thinking.

I have decided to write a series on "How I do it?"  What works for me,  how I manage 4 kids and all the other things that come along with that.  This is NOT to say I have it all figured out or that I am an expert in any of this.  As I remind my kids, I am still learning, I have only been a mom for 7 years!!  But what I do want to do is be intentional and this will help me to recognize the areas where I am being intentional and where there are gaps that need to be filled in.  Hopefully it will also encourage and even inspire someone else along their own journey.

As I write, I only have a loose plan as to where this series will go.  I have a few specific topics rolling around in my mind but hopefully that list will grow!  If you have any questions be sure to leave them in the comments section below or email me (email link is in the side bar).  

Thanks for following along on this journey!




   My life is an adventure!

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to hearing more!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to hear more!! I get the same type comments and realize that I need a more grace filled response than "What other option is there?"

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say! Let me know you popped by and if you have any questions I will try to answer them.