Search This Blog

Friday, October 16, 2009

We have a Garden!!

I have been wanting to plant a garden with the kids... so last weekend we made it a family project...

JDF preparing the ground
He did a great job!

the kids examining the work!

at the plant store

Buttercup carrying the seeds in her basket



learning the ropes

planting carrot seeds...



green bean seeds...

the black eye pea shoots we grew in plastic cups when we were studying " God made light to help things grow"...
even Mama got her hands dirty!

and here we go... carrots, green beans, green onions, tomatoes and cherry tomatoes, parsley, thyme, basil... we'll keep you posted on the progress :)


of course there had to be time for silliness!




2 comments:

  1. Nice. I'll buy some lettuce and we can have an awesome salad! (Notice I said buy, not grow. :)

    Can't wait to see the results in a few months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!!!! My kiddos loved having our garden. What was amazing was that I was able to get them to willingly eat foods that they normally would have been "forced" to eat...all because they were excited to eat the foods that they had grown!!! Please keep us updated with the progress!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say! Let me know you popped by and if you have any questions I will try to answer them.