Search This Blog

Sunday, January 2, 2011

On setting Resolutions...

 Wow!  It is 2011!  Happy New Year!!  So another year brings...


New.Year. Resolutions

...at the end of each year, I resolve NOT to set them for the next year.  Why?  Are you like me?  Do you get to January 15 only to realize that you have already fallen off the wagon and get frustrated and give up completely!

BUT then...

 there is always  something about a fresh start that always brings me back to setting goals and getting excited about starting over or starting something new on January 1st.

So what's the problem with resolutions? How can we avoid the pitfall of not accomplishing our goal...finishing the thing what we are so excited to begin?

The problem with resolutions are that they are usually something WE have resolved to do... in our own strength.  They may be great goals but half the battle will be won if we start out by asking God what he would have for us to do.  It is about living our lives with purpose, allowing our Almighty Heavenly Father to guide our steps.


Your word is like a lamp for my feet
and a light for my path. Psalm 119:105 9(NCV)

We have to spend meaningful time with our Saviour and allow Him to direct us.

 The Lord directs the steps of the godly.
      He delights in every detail of their lives. Psalm 37:23 (NLT)

The rest of the battle can be won by daily surrendering and submitting to God, trusting Him to accomplish in you what he as given you to do... allowing Him to mold and shape us.
..being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. Phil 1:6 (NIV)

Will it be easy?  NO!  It will take discipline and hard work, but God will be faithful to bring forth fruit in our lives when we commit it to Him.

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Gal 6:9 (NIV)

So why not start this year by asking God to show you the goals HE wants to you strive toward and then trust him for the power made available when we are weak.

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 2Cor 12:9 (ESV)





Are you wondering if the Creator of this universe actually loves you and cares enough want a daily relationship with you?  The answer is YES and this relationship can be found in Jesus Christ.
Here is what I believe.   I would love the opportunity to share with you how Christ can make a difference in your life... please email me at rusheika {at} gmail {dot} com. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say! Let me know you popped by and if you have any questions I will try to answer them.