Search This Blog

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Week in Review: Back to School



One of the things I have really come to love about homeschooling is the flexibility of our schedule and our calendar.

When we finished up for Christmas break on December 17th I had planned to start again on January 4th but on Christmas Eve Joe told me that he was off work until January 6th... that immediately entitled him to "Husband of the Year" award!!  It has been awhile since he has had that much time off so it was not  a problem for me to postpone the start of our new term.  The kids had a great time with their daddy being off.

On the last day of vacation we took a family outing to Dockyard.  We took the bus and the ferry, visited the glassblowing studio, explored the playground, enjoyed lunch at Frog & Onion Restaurant...  it was a great end to a wonderful Christmas holiday!


We spent Thursday and Friday easing back into somewhat of a schedule... The kids wrote about their day in Dockyard, we made pattern block creations, did jig saw puzzles, read books and made a simple snowflake craft... nothing strenuous as clearly I had gotten used to lazy days!



Next week is back to our full schedule... and as much as I have enjoyed the break, I am looking forward to getting back to our normal routine... and I think the kids are too!

Picture of the Week
I'm hoping to get back to taking more pictures of the kids and their every day moments. I won't commit to a picture a day like I did in 2009 for Project 365, but I am going to try and post a picture of the week. SO,  without further ado... here is this week's picture of the week:





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say! Let me know you popped by and if you have any questions I will try to answer them.