Welcome to week 3 of the Pin it Do it Challenge!
While I was planning Eden's All About Me week for our introduction to preschool, I found 2 ideas that I knew I had to recreate.
First, I love sensory tubs... I love putting them together, and the kids really enjoy playing, discovering and learning with them. The Totally Tots website has a "What's in the Tub" feature where they put together sensory tubs each month around a specific theme. It is a great resource and it is where I found this sensory tub:
|Totally Tots- What's in the Tub|
- The filler is abc pasta (first week of school, letter review) lentils (for some colour) popcorn seeds and wagon wheel pasta (that's what else I had in the cupboard!)
- Next I took a picture of each person in the family.. even Marcus cooperated! After removing the background with Photoshop, I cut them out and laminated the pictures. They stood up nicely in the filler.
- I added name cards so Eden could match the name with the person. (name recognition)
- Foam and wooden letters which spelled out her first and last name (she fished these out with a spoon to practice spelling her name)
- magnetic numbers- the numbers in our phone number to practice.
- magnets from our Melissa and Doug calendar (My Birthday, Ballet & Gymnastics- Eden's activities)
- plastic star shape (star was our shape of the week)
- wooden flower and leaf beads (to add some more colour and texture).
The next project I pinned was from my dear friend Mari-Ann's website Counting Coconuts where I always find some great ideas (she is amazing!)
This "Me on the Map" book is a circle shaped book. Each circle of the book from smallest to biggest represents our home, neighbourhood, parish (city), island (country), continent, and planet. The circles are decorated with pictures and held together with a brad. Eden enjoyed putting each piece together.. we did it over 2 days and the highlight for her was sticking a little star on each page approximately where she would be. It is a great visual for how we fit in the world.
Here is our version which didn't stray too far from the original (Hey, why recreate the wheel!)
Well, that's how I brought Pinterest into real life this week! What about you? Link up below, I'd love to see your great projects and ideas!