Search This Blog

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Pin it Do it : WEEK 1




Here we are!  Week one of the Pin it Do it challenge!  

Read here to see how this challenge came about and the posting rules and then feel free to link up using the linky below. You will have until Friday evening to link up.  I can't wait to see how everyone is bringing Pinterest into real life!!


For this first week I going to show you some of the things I have done with ideas I found on Pinterest over the summer and then starting next Saturday I will post about one (or more) Pinterest ideas I plan to implement this coming week.


We made this  finger paint from Easy Peasy.  It is a great recipe, easy to make and easy to use.  The kids enjoyed mixing the colours and it is safe to use even for Marcus who will inevitably put some in his mouth!  GO ahead and try it.. I am sure you have all the ingredients in your cupboard!

I saw this idea for a fun water bomb using sponges and just had to try it!  Again, they were easy to make and the kids had tons of fun.  (the original site was onecharmingparty.com )


We had a few broken pool noodles which I put to good use when I saw this idea for a marble run on Homespun Threads Kids Craft Camp (which by the way have some awesome ideas!)  And yes, my kids are still in their PJ's...hey it was summer break!

When I saw this beautiful playhouse I knew I had to make it! (it was for sale on Etsy but it doesn't appear to be available any longer)
My version is not as cute but the kids love it.

And lastly, I didn't get any pictures of our version but I did this cool craft with the kids while we were studying caterpillars and butterflies. 

from Somewhat Simple


So there you have it! Some of our Pinterest inspired activities!

See you next week with another great idea!

Don't forget, Pin it, DO it, blog it, link it!!

4 comments:

  1. Great ideas! Especially the life cycle of the butterfly! Don't you just love Pinterest? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the butterfly cycle! i'm having a little pinterest addiction myself- :) new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this blog hop idea! I'm already working on some stuff to link up next week :D

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say! Let me know you popped by and if you have any questions I will try to answer them.